Thursday, April 19, 2012


Paleo Pizza

I don't know about the rest of y'all, but I miss my pizza. While this may not have that cheesy goodness and oh so good flour crust, it gets the job done. 

Crust
1 ½ cups blanched almond flour
¼ teaspoon sea salt
¼ teaspoon baking soda
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 large egg

Toppings
Whatever your little heart desires....except cheese. 

Preheat oven to 350. Set aside a large baking sheet and cut 2 pieces of parchment paper to the size of the baking sheet.
In a large bowl, combine the almond flour, salt, and baking soda. In a separate bowl wisk together the olive oil and egg. Stir the wet ingredients into the almond flour mixture until thoroughly combined.

Place the dough between the 2 sheets of parchment paper and roll into 10 inch circle. Remove the top piece of parchment paper and transfer the bottom piece of parchment paper with the rolled out dough onto the baking sheet.
Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until lightly golden. Remove from oven and add toppings while still warm.
I like to throw everything I can on the pizza. It helps hide the fact that there is no cheese. I also throw the pizza back in for a few minutes after adding the toppings to get them nice and warm. Load that badboy up with meat and throw down. Enjoy folks….we are over halfway through the month.   

11 comments:

  1. 100% today. Hoping to get some sleep tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ate clean....just cream in coffee. Rest day. Water and fish oil....check. Looking forward to making this pizza tomorrow..yum! 5:30 wod tomorrow :)
    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  3. food was clean ,no wod today,my arms are toast
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  4. Clean eating, no sanity creamer. No WOD today. Had a great dinner tonight prepared by the Paleo Police Captain, pork chops with sliced apples, and vegetables. Kids liked it as well…

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ate well today, did have sanity items. Drank lots of water, feeling good... needed the rest day today!

    Christi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ate great today! Lacking on water. Needed the rest. Got a friend coming in at 5:30 am with Jason tomorrow. :)

    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ate clean had some rice with dinner, agility drills for me today. Plenty of water took my vitamins all and all good day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm posting late...ate well today and felt really good all day. I did have my sanity creamer. I am going to do my best to make the am WOD tomorrow, really stinks not having a car. Donna

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry- didn't get a chance to post before I fell asleep last night. I ate well. Rest day for me so no wod. Did an awesome job on my water intake. But I have to say that ice cream cheat the night before was probably not the greatest decision...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ate okay. I usually run on Thursdays, but I opted to use the elliptical instead today (I know, I know... and I even watched TV while I did it :-) Just found out that my vitamin D is really low, so I am now taking more supplements of that.

    ReplyDelete